Every day, you get older. I’ll be totally honest, there are some days that fact doesn’t sit well with me. I guess it’s because I’m reminded that the time I have to build relationships, chase dreams and enjoy the sunrise is limited. I’m guessing that you feel the same. So, here’s the plan; let’s do everything in our power to age like Rockstars. Why? Because when we feel our best and are confident in our bodies, we can accomplish our goals and get the most out of the life we’re living. Okay, so I’ll let you in on my top 5 strategies for aging like a rockstar…
1. Antioxidants: Youth comes from the inside out. While you can lather up your skin with lotions and creams, the best way to age your best is to eat antioxidant rich foods. Antioxidants bind up those pro-aging free radicals and keep you looking and feeling like a rockstar. My favorite antioxidant rich foods are pecans, artichokes, red beans, wild blueberries and cocoa.
2. Hydrate: Drink up! I’m talking 2-3 liters of water or unsweetened green, black or oolong tea every day. For an added nutrient benefit try adding fresh cucumbers, lemon & lime or oranges & mint.
3. Fiber: Keep those intestines healthy and your bowels regular by getting the fiber your body needs. When you’re thinking about your GI system, think fiber and water. You need both to keep yourself flushed and feeling fabulous. Add more fiber by adding in steel cut oats, raspberries, black beans and avocados.
4. Omegas: Eat those omegas!! Omega-3 fats are a brilliant way to keep your brain sharp and your skin supple. Chia, ground flax, pumpkin seeds and cold-water fish are great sources of the good stuff.
5. BMI: Keeping your Body Mass index between 20-24.9 is so vital. There are a bunch of studies showing that maintaining a healthy weight is a key to healthy aging. Calculate your BMI!