Chew on this…
I am all about snacks. I don’t know about you, but if I don’t eat every couple of hours, I get a little cranky, tired and less productive. If you see me out, about and on the go, you’ll notice I carry one of those over-sized handbags. That bag is always packed with snacks; I am never without good eats that will keep me fueled and feeling fabulous. Here’s the deal, if you snack on garbage, you’ll feel like garbage. But if you eat great, you’ll feel great.
Go-To-On-The-Go Snack Favorites
- Wild Blueberry Muffins (promise, they are really easy to make and take)
- Peeled Snacks Gently Dried Fruit (my all time fav is the Apple-to-the-Core)
- Real Deal Original Veggie Chips (love the crunch and love that this company is local)
- Larabar (um yeah…coconut cream and apple pie larabars taste as good as they sound)
- Go Raw Real Live Chocolate (and yes, it is true that cocoa imparts a similar effect to a baby aspirin when it comes to cardiovascular protection. hearts love cocoa. side note: chocolate bars with cane sugar, high fructose corn syrup or other nasty ingredients don’t make my list…)
- Bob’s Red Mill Raw Pumpkin Seeds (great protein booster. they taste the best when toasted)
- Emmy’s Organics SuperFood Trail Mix (organic raw cashews, organic raisins, organic raw cacao nibs, organic raw goji berries)
- Fresh Fruit (the original fast food)
- Cocomama Orange Cranberry Quinoa Cereal (all natural, gluten free, dairy free and packed with protein & fiber)
- Dreaming Cow Yogurt (love the Honey Pear and Maple Ginger)
It really isn’t hard to eat healthy on the run. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m busy, maybe a little too busy sometimes, but really—being busy isn’t an excuse for being unhealthy. A little planning and a big bag go a long way.
All right now, get to it. Chew the good stuff, feel like good stuff.