Delicious doesn’t have to be decadent. Pancakes can be a great start to your day and make for a fun dinner with a twist. I’ve got an easy, clean eating recipe with fabulous whole food ingredients. These tasty little cakes are designed to be dairy free, gluten free and are made without refined sugar. Healthy (and tasty) doesn’t have to be hard!!
What You’ll Need:
1. 2 cups Hodgson Mills Gluten Free Multi-Purpose Baking Mix (or whole wheat flour-not gluten free)
2. 5 tbsp Raw Honey or Agave (or sweeten to taste)
3. 2 tsp Baking Powder
4. 2 tbsp Oil (coconut or expeller-pressed organic canola)
5. 1 large Mashed Ripe Banana
6. 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Organic Soy Milk
7. 1 large Beaten Organic Egg
8. Handful of Sunspire Grain Sweetened Chocolate Chips (note: if product contains malted barley, it’s not gluten free…look for the ones that are brown rice syrup sweetened)
What You’ll Do:
In a large mixing bowl combine all ingredients. Heat a non-stick cooking surface. Spoon a small amount of the mixture onto heated surface creating 2 circles of batter. Heat for about 10-15 seconds each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a warmed plate and cover until ready to serve. Makes about 12-15 pancakes. Top with a drizzle of Organic 100% pure maple syrup, grain sweetened chocolate chips or fresh fruit.
Adapted from Hodgson Mills Pancake Recipe