The last place you want to be on Christmas Day (or any day) is holed up by yourself sick and wiped out. Runny nose, sick stomach, sore throat, aches and fever are the worst especially around the holidays. Here are my 5 Best Ways to Get and Stay Healthy…
1. Steer clear of processed foods: If your body is super busy trying to deal with food additives, sugar, preservatives and the other garbage you are feeding it, it loses some of its power to respond to incoming invaders. Steer clear of boxes, bags and cans and fill up on fresh fruit, veggies and whole grains.
2. Wash your hands: This sounds so simple, but it is SO effective. Keeping your hands clean is one the best ways to avoid getting sick. It takes about 20 seconds of vigorous washing with soap and water to kill the germs that cause infection; if you’re average, you’re probably only washing for about 5 seconds. So, lather up and wash to the tune of jingle bells!
3. Drink green tea: Green tea is loaded with the antioxidants that can keep your body functioning at its best. Freshly brewed is the way to go (avoid the bottled green tea flavored sugar water;). For the best nutrient bang, bob the bag up and down while steeping.
4. Get sleep: At this time of year, 7 hours is the minimum! It’s amazing how sleep naturally restores the body and gets it in top shape for fighting off infection.
5. Spice it up: Adding oregano, thyme, basil, ginger, cinnamon and garlic to your favorite healthy dishes is such an easy way to bolster your immunity. Go fresh, go dried, go for it!
Alright, now get to it! Put my 5 best ways into play every day and give your body what it needs to stay healthy.