Your skin is so often a reflection of your overall health. Glowing skin starts from the inside, which is why it’s so important to fill your body with nutrient-rich foods and to hydrate the right way. When you do, your skin will reflect these habits with a healthy glow! But, it’s also important to be mindful of the things you’re putting on your skin, which is why I’m sharing 5 of my favorite natural skincare products.
- Pai Chamomile & Rosehip Calming Day Cream: this is the moisturizer I start my day with. Its ingredients are ultra-clean, and it calms my skin. It’s how I like to begin my day. Calm.
- Fragrance-Free Oceana Squalane: this is what I put on my face at night—it doubles as a natural makeup remover, and it also replenishes my skin with moisture as I sleep. The best part? It’s one ingredient! Squalane is a naturally hydrating product that’s rich in anti-aging antioxidants. It’s weightless and works for all types of skin.
- Primal Pit Paste Natural Lavender Deodorant Stick: the skin under our arms is often neglected, but it’s super important to carefully care for your armpits too. That’s why I made the switch to a natural deodorant. This one has very few ingredients (all non-toxic!) AND it works! Yes, you’ll still smell good after a tough workout. Can’t find the Primal paste? I’m also a fan of Schmidt’s Unscented.
- RMS Makeup Remover Wipes: these makeup wipes are great when you’re on-the-go or to use while traveling. They’re soothing enough for sensitive skin, they’re eco-friendly, plus they’re nourishing and moisturizing. And, the only ingredient in these wipes is coconut oil (bonus!).
- The Nue Co. Functional Fragrance: I’m not big into fragrances, but this functional fragrance is one I can get behind. It’s a mix of essential oils that actually help you reset at times of stress!
Just like reading your food labels, reading your skin care labels matters! Don’t just trust the packaging. Lots of products are branded with terms like Natural or Organic, but it’s still important to read the list of ingredients. Not sure what the ingredients are or if they’re safe? Check out one of my favorite websites: the Environmental Working Group. It’s an amazing database with safety ratings for skin products. Check your skincare routine against the database and see how it adds up! Healthy doesn’t have to be hard.
P.S. Love the nail polish? Check out 7-Free by Ella+Mila. They’ve got lots of fun colors and they’re fabulously free from 7 toxic chemicals found in many nail polishes!